My research interest is primarily in the area of competition law and policy, particularly merger law. I have also researched and written in the area of contract and consumer law. Consistent with this research focus she I have developed and maintain the following two websites:
For a full list of publications see separate publications page.
Summary of research program and collaborations
Publications include 14 refereed journals, four books (including one monograph), several revised editions, three book chapters and a number of commentary items.
For a full list of publications see publications page.
IPA-Deakin SME Research Centre (Co-Director)
2016 - current
'The IPA-Deakin SME Research Centre conducts multidisciplinary research on small and medium size private businesses and not-for-profit enterprises. Focusing on bringing together practitioner insights with world-class research, we provide informed comment for substantive policy development. '
Link to research centre
Academic Study Leave (sabbatical)
Centre for Competition Policy, Norwich (University of East Anglia)
14 November 2016 - 3 March 2017
Visitor, researching competition law and economics
Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, London (University of London)
November 2012 - March 2013
Visiting Fellow, researching international and comparative merger law and regulation
Melbourne Law School
5 - 23 November 2012; 11 March - 4 May 2013
Visitor, Melbourne Law School (Competition Law and Economics Network), researching international merger law and regulation
Conferences and seminars
Conference papers and seminars include:
- Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, London, 27 February 2013 ('The Challenge of International Merger Regulation')
- University of Queensland Law Research Seminar Series , Brisbane, 7 September 2012 ('International and comparative merger law; is there a need for greater convergence?')
- 28th International Symposium on Economic Crime 2010, Jesus College, University of Cambridge, 9 September 2010 (‘The increasing criminalization of economic law – a competition law perspective’)
- Geelong Law Association, CLE seminar, 30 October 2009 (‘Trade Practices Update’)
- Deakin University Faculty of Business and Law, Business Breakfast, Geelong, 15 October 2008 (‘Trade Practices Update’)
- Australasian Law Teachers' Association Annual Conference 2003, Novotel Hotel, Brisbane, 7 July 2003 (‘Proposed Changes to Merger Regulation in Australia’)